Tutorial Tuesday: Upcycled T-Shirt Tutorial Roundup
We have a big pile of clothes and other junk from our closets taking up a lot of space in our bedroom right now; it’s all waiting for that trip to Goodwill that we haven’t taken yet. I recently went through the mound of clothes and dug up a bunch of old tshirts that Justin and I don’t wear anymore. I cut them up and made scarves out of them. Eventually, I’ll probably list them up on my Etsy shop.
Because I’m so much in love with Pinterest, I’ve found a lot of great, crafty tutorials there. So, if you have a bunch of t-shirts that you don’t wear, give some of these a try. Oh, and if your shirts are stained, why not hand dye them or dip-dye them while you’re at it?
Here are some of my favorite tutorials for reusing old t-shirts:
- You can turn those strips of cut up jersey into really awesome bracelets.
- You can make really amazing giant pom poms.
- You could make a summery whispy scarf.
- You could turn the collar into a fun necklace or a fringed necklace from leftover scraps.
- You could make t-shirt yarn for knitting a rug or a scarf.
- You could just make layered scarves or braid them into more necklaces.
- If you don’t want to sew, you could make a neat bag.
- You could make a lovely tiered skirt. (I think this would be fun in multiple colors, too.)
So, yeah, if you get the itch to clean out your closets like we did, you don’t have to send all your t-shirts to Goodwill!