i’ve been inspired by the non-goals floating around some of my frequented inspirational sites. now that i’ve reflected on the amazing ride 2010 has been, here is me encouraging myself to keep up the good work in 2011:
1. last year (9 months ago, to be exact), you had a baby. it was an awesome experience and you totally love being a mama. enjoy it because it’s only going to keep getting crazier from here—you’re going to have a 1-year old soon!
2. you loved your job, but you realized it was time to chase your dreams instead of play it safe. you’ve gotten nothing but positive reactions and plenty of support, so don’t be afraid. go for it this year. really, really go for it.
3. you did a great job losing that pregnancy weight. now, there’s some extra stuff you didn’t even like before you were pregnant, so let’s keep the ball rolling and get rid of that this year, too.
4. this year, you’ve really begun to crack down on distractions. let’s stay focused on making your new business work and keeping your family together.
5. the reconnection with your family, especially your mom, is going great. hang in there and keep loving on them and supporting them. it feels good and is the right thing to do. real life can hurt sometimes, but you already knew that.
6. these past few months, you’ve really tried to get back into blogging again. you know you want to, so go on, find your voice and get into it. people do read your blog and all three (or four or ten) of them still want to hear from you. maybe there’s people out there waiting to hear from you and they don’t even know it yet! yeah!
7. it was hard, but you mostly stuck to your budget with hubby and a baby this year. sure, there were a couple of tight months, and that was with a salary! now that you’ll be in charge of your own income, let’s tighten that belt and keep up the savings.
8. you’ve rediscovered your love for cleaning and organizing, especially while you were in that nesting phase of pregnancy your last trimester. let’s, uh, keep that up especially once you’re working from home, okay?
9. since you’ve decided to pursue your passions, don’t leave God out of the picture this year. you know what your heart’s been saying—don’t forget your first love amidst all the awesomeness. He’s the one who’s going to be making it all happen.
10. love your baby. love your husband. you’re already pretty darn good at that, what with them being so darn cute and all. keep it up. it’s been fantastic, hasn’t it?Share your thoughts?